Here we are with another special Residents of RounTrey Spotlight. Today, we feature the Baldwin family! Beloved by their neighbors for their community involvement and spirited warmth, read below what Tonya and Lonnie had to say about their experience in RounTrey thus far:
1. What is one word that you would use to describe RounTrey? Welcoming
2. Favorite room/area of your house and why? Our living room; the ceiling width, portrait windows overlook the reservoir, where we watch wildlife such as deer, squirrels, and a large variety of birds. Our goal is to make this home and community our forever-home. Coming from a blended family, we want our grown children to feel the door is always open for them and their future children! In 3 years we have had our living room full of loved ones just as we envisioned. So far, Mission accomplished!
3. Our best memory to date in the community? This is a bittersweet memory because it was an almost fatal car accident. I was hit in a head-on collision in January 2018 by a juvenile who was texting while driving. Within days a meal train was circulating within our community. Every day for two months, we had a neighbor at the door personally delivering meals. The love, care, and support of our neighbors helped me heal more quickly. Since then, we have had neighbors battle chronic illness, undergo surgeries, give birth, and even lose a loved one-with sometimes as many as three meal trains running at once. We support each other no matter what. I love the saying, “it takes a village,” and a village is certainly what we have.
4. How long have you lived here? We have lived here for three years, but it feels like much longer.
5. What would you tell a person or family considering moving to RounTrey? This is an interactive community. There are always activities going on, including traditional holidays, birthday milestones, or a cheer-someone-up get together. The school is very involved in conjunction with our growing community. We score very highly academically, even on a national level.
6. Just for fun, who is going to win the NCAA Tournament this year? 😉 Duke!
As always, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on our happenings and mark your calendars for our HUGE Spring Fling on April 13th which celebrates our second amenity with food and beer trucks, a petting zoo, face painting, bounce houses, corn hole, and so.much.more! GPS Address: 2307 Farham Lane Midlothian VA 23112. Free to attend and open to the public! See you all there!