It’s time to take a second and highlight one of our (newer) RounTrey families right in time for the Christmas season! Each lovely family has a different experience when building a home and joining a new community so we love taking a deeper dive into all the details! See what Crystal Allen had to say about a few things:
1. Tell us about your building experience! Who you built with, how your house turned out, and how the process was: We built with Covenant and overall the process was smooth! We signed our contract in July of 2020 before all of the supply chain issues. Our home was estimated to be ready in the January/February timeframe but it turned out to be delayed until July, mostly due to labor and material shortages. The Covenant team was great about keeping us in the loop on things and we were fortunate to have an extended rent back option with the sale of our previous home. We love our custom build and it was so worth the wait!
2. Tips for future families building their home in RounTrey: My recommendations for future families building in Rountrey is to tour lots of model homes for ideas prior to making selections! I went in some model other builders’ models after we had already made selections and wished I could have changed some things!
3. What were the compromises you and your family had to make and/or had to concede on?! We had to concede in the initial building process as one of the floor plans we wanted was too wide for our lot. We also conceded on our house color choice, but went with Heritage Linen which I am very happy with!
4. Favorite space or room in your new home! (This is always a fan favorite question!): My favorite room in our home is definitely the master bedroom- I’m in love with our vaulted ceilings with wood beams!
5. Fall or winter? Why? I prefer fall over winter as my birthday is in the fall and fall is perfect winery weather! Our kids prefer winter because of Christmas as well as the chance for snow!
6. Best part of the Midlothian location? The best part of Midlothian is all the amazing families we have met and made close friends with over the years!
All of our custom builders are always happy to chat with you and your family about putting the house in your head on a dreamy lot! Models are open daily so feel free to reach out to them directly or to us to schedule a private tour. Happy Holidays and we hope you all have an even happier new year!